To enter the Haslemere String Competition please fill in the form below and then pay your entry fee using the Buy Now button below the form.
Closing date for entries |Jan 1 2019 | Entry fee: £75
Please pay for your tickets using the Buy Now button below. Please note that a box will appear called ‘Item price’. You need to insert £75 in this box and pay this amount.
- Entrants must be aged between 11 and 19 years old, determined on the start and finish dates of the competition (so a minimum of 11 years old on January 1st 2019 and a maximum of 19 years old on May 31st 2019).
- Hard copy evidence of attainment of Grade 8 (or equivalent) should be presented on arrival at the 1st Round. Anyone failing to present their certificates will not be allowed to compete.
- If submitting a performance tape as demonstration of a suitable level of proficiency, please send it to: Ishani Bhoola, Little Oak, Farnham Lane, Haslemere, Surrey, GU27 1EU. The last date on which performance tapes will be accepted is December 5th 2016. Should your level of proficiency not be deemed suitable, you will be contacted and your entry fee will be refunded. The Chairman’s decision in regard to this will be final. Performance tapes will not be returned.
- Schedules for the 1st Round will be published after the closing date for entries and all competitors will be notified by email.
- Should more than 50 entries be received by the closing date then prospective competitors will be notified. ALL prospective competitors will then be required to submit a performance tape for review and 50 will be selected to proceed through to the 1st Round. The judges’ decision in regard to this will be final. Performance tapes will not be returned.